2016 has come to a close and if you haven’t, then it is time to lay out your search engine optimization strategy for 2017. In fact, you need to use SEO right from the start in order to jumpstart your business. The aim of search engine optimization is to generate traffic to your online business and ultimately make conversions and increase sales.
Every online business needs web traffic so as to drive revenue. Without traffic, an online business is basically dead and this is why SEO is here to stay.
Change your strategy
Search engine optimization (SEO) is evolving by the day and so should your strategies. In times past, keyword density and spam links were the major drivers in Search engine Optimization. The game has changed; it is now about site authority coupled with high quality content. Google’s algorithms are structured to retrieve not only the most relevant content but also the most useful.
Go with quality content
Going deep and detailed with your content is the only way to show that you are captain in your industry. Captivate your audience with details, facts and insight that they cannot find anywhere else. To achieve this you will have to pull the long form content card. Long-form content consists of anything over 1500 words. Long-form content has several benefits including:
• You can use many long tail keywords that will show up in search queries.
• You have the opportunity of giving enough details to your web visitors.
• Your content can be cited or get links from other websites.
Merge PR, SMM and SEO
Content exposure will significantly boost your SEO. You need your content to be show cased and therefore you need to create awareness and credibility for your website which in turn will do the same for your business. You can use PR tools like PitchBox to build relationships for your site. Reach out to bloggers, journalists and content developers looking for fresh sources of information. This way, you will have a wider audience base plus the attention of authoritative news publications and websites.
Integrate your SEO strategy with Social Media Marketing (SMM). Social media platforms have millions of daily users; which is a great way of getting exposure. Paid social media ads can target certain demographics and track interactions with your content. Basically, greater exposure for your content means greater search engine visibility for your website.
Video is fast becoming huge in marketing and search engine optimization. Videos are a great tool; not only are they flexible and engaging but they also have a very high potential of going viral. When you choose to incorporate video in your website, ensure you use high definition videos. Make them short and detailed. You may want to consider making the videos downloadable to a mobile device, this way they can be shared quite easily. Remember most social media platforms have video plug ins, which is a great way to share content with your target audience in those platforms.
Always write for a human audience
It is important to focus and invest in creating quality content for human audience. Don’t just game the system by using keywords that will lead traffic to an empty site. As I said earlier, Google algorithms are structured to look for helpful content. You want your site visitors to identify and trust your expertise through your content so don’t insult them with low quality content. Build a reputation for yourself with quality well developed content.
High authority site links
One link from a high authority site can be a game changer in giving you exposure and driving traffic to your site. It is a matter of quality over quantity. Get backlinks from sites with a domain authority (DA) of DA70+.
Create the site for the user
It is important to make it easy and enjoyable for the user to be on your site. A great user experience will give you credibility and make conversions easy. There are several sure fire tactics to make your website user friendly.
• Improving navigation is key to jump starting your online marketing efforts. Let your site navigation focus on helping the visitor get what they need. Your visitors are primarily interested in what you have to offer before they can respond to the call to action. A good way to go about this is to make your product and service category buttons be on your primary navigation.
• Increase your site speed. Site speed is important for the visitor as it is for the algorithms. Ensure that your visitors will not have to wait so long for your pages to load.
• Go mobile. Make sure your website is mobile device friendly. Design your website for mobile first then desktop second. More traffic comes from mobile devices.
• Arrange your content. Put your content in such a way that it is not an eye sore. It is important to have your content laid out in an orderly manner. Arrange text, pictures and video in a way that can be consumed with ease
All said and done, remember, search engine is not a destination you arrive at; it is an adventure to be taken.